I made this quick and simple carrot salad for my family and they loved it! It is becoming a go-to side dish in our house so I served it at lunch today. Give it a try and let me know if it was a hit in your household!
1. Wash 6 big carrots (your little one will love to help scrub them with a veggie brush)
2. Use a peeler to peel all 6 carrots (if they are old enough, let your little one help peel)
3. In a bowl, mix about 1.5 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
4. Stir in 1 tsp of honey
5. Stir in 2 Tbsp of olive oil
6. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the bowl and stir
7. Stir in the carrots, top with chopped fresh parsley (optional) and salt to taste
P.S. Pictured with carrot salad is nan bread and honey Greek yogurt (1 tsp honey to 1 cup Greek yogurt), and wild rice. And as always, if your little one tends to reject flavors like mustard or honey, you can start will less and slowly increase the amount each time you serve the dish.